At Wilkinson Sword we’ve always believed that only the finest tools will do when it comes to your shave.
That’s why we’ve spent so long staying one step ahead of your skin and developing one game-changing razor after another - delivering unbeatable comfort, astonishing precision and a glide so smooth that your skin thinks it’s being massaged, not shaved.
The importance of a well-chosen razor applies to any part of your body from your face to your legs - but making the right selection is never more important than when you’re shaving your most intimate areas.
Pubic hair is more coarse, more fast-growing and more downright stubborn than the other hair on your body, so it’s even more crucial to have a trusty razor that you’re sure is up to the task - waiting patiently in your bathroom for the day it’s called upon.
What’s more, all those nicks, cuts, bumps, razor burns and rashes that can come from a misjudged shave are even more irritating down below, whether you’re expecting company or just doing a bit of routine garden maintenance.
So why use any old razor when there’s plenty of specialist equipment available?
How to shave your pubic hair
It’s no secret that the ingredients of an effective shave are a carefully chosen (and carefully wielded) razor, total attention and a well-practised technique. For the last of these, you really can’t do much better than following the steps below on how to shave your pubic hair...
- Shower first to soften your pubic hair. Slightly damp hair will be easier to shave, and your softened skin will be less prone to irritation and redness.
- Trim your hair down to a manageable length first. This will mean you’re more likely to eventually end up with the precise length of hair you’re looking for, rather than an unexpectedly bald pubic region.
- Use shaving gel. This hydrates and protects your hair and skin, as well as giving you a smoother glide in an area where avoiding discomfort is crucial.
- Make sure your razor is up to the task. Not only do you need to pick the right tool, but you need to thoroughly inspect it if you’ve used it before. Dull blades or residue clogging the razor will make for irritated, red skin afterwards.
- Use light strokes and pull the skin taut. This keeps you in control and stops you from applying more pressure to your skin than you need to.
- Moisturise afterwards. As with any shave, this really is the icing on the cake that you really can’t do without. A gentle balm will soothe the skin and help it recover faster.
The best razors for shaving your pubic hair
It’s a delicate task that needs matching to the perfect razor, so where do you start when trawling through the dizzying array of women’s grooming products that are around? Luckily for you, at Wilkinson Sword we’ve factored your intimate area’s needs into our huge range of revolutionary, astonishingly simple, why-did-no-one-think-of-that before razor designs.
‘Sensitive’ and ‘care’ are words you want to associate with a pubic shave, aren’t they? This razor is as sensitive and careful down there as you are, providing an all-in-one solution for those days when you just don’t have time for a body wash or shave gel.
Like all of our Intuition range, this award-nominated razor focuses on getting close to your skin as swiftly and conveniently as possible without compromising on performance.
- Four ultra-thin blades with a skin moisturising soap bar eliminate the need for any extra lather on your skin, keeping your skin hydrated as you shave.
- Pro-Vitamin B5, Aloe and Vitamin E treat your skin gently and leave it glowingly soft.
- The pivoting head follows the contours of your pubic area as closely as possible, giving you exactly the result that you’re looking for.
They don’t get much more does-what-it-says-on-the-tin than the Lady Protector. This enduring favourite is expertly designed to protect your skin and ensure you never have to worry about nicks and cuts - music to your ears when you’re shaving these more delicate regions of your body. It’s long been a leader in women’s safety razor design, and for good reason…
- Safety wires wrapped around each blade provide smoother and safer glide.
- The anti-slip handle keeps you in control and means you don’t have to apply much pressure.
- The ultra glide strip is formulated with Aloe to enhance the whole experience of shaving and leave your skin as silky smooth as possible.
Shaving the contours of your downstairs region can be tricky work, but four blades can achieve four times the precision on your pubic hair. This is the kind of job that the Quattro range was made for, packing more power into your razor when you need it most.
Your skin will thank you for the smooth shave that Quattro for Women delivers, and its specially designed features mean you can avoid all the pitfalls that a pubic shave can bring…
- The four blades sit inside a pivoting head that closely follows the unique contours of your body for an easy and effective shave.
- Aloe and Vitamin E leave your skin feeling soft and smooth for as long as possible.
- The ergonomically shaped handle with rubber grip gives you a comfortable hold and the most effortless glide you’ll find.